Postcard and Photograph Collections
** The old Bryan House 1720 at Old Teach and Governor Eden's Reservation on the Archbell Farm near the Old Town of Bath. The Bryan House
** The old Buzzard Hotel, run by a man by the name of Buzzard in the olden days. It was then a single story and was supposed to have been built in 1740 in the Old Town of Bath. Buzzard Hotel
**Palmer-Marsh House, circa 1751. [correction] This home never housed a governor. Governor Eden lived in Bath much earlier in the 18th century and his home stood on Archbell Point. Palmer-Marsh House -side
** Brick Wall Remains - The brick wall which was part of the cellar Blackbeard used in hiding stolen goods. Teach's Cellar Wall
** The Old Boat was said to have run the blockade out of Wilmington Harbor during the Civil War. It was acquired by the Bonner family and was used for several generations. When this picture was taken it was still down at Bonner's Point, Bath. Old Boat - Civil War Blockade Runner
** Main Street Looking North - Dirt street with a couple of very old cars and some people standing in front of a house. Main Street - Bath
** Dixie Filling Station = Located behind the old monument which was dedicated in 1824. It sold Texaco products and Firestone tires.
** Old Monument erected in 1924. Two young girls standing on each side of the monument are Helen Waters and Mary Arcadia Tankard Bath Monument by Colonial Danes
** An Old Colonial House - Palmer-Marsh House, circa 1751. [correction] This home never housed a governor. Governor Eden lived in Bath much earlier in the 18th century and his home stood on Archbell Point. Palmer-Marsh House
** Teach's Old Tar Kettle - Brick remains of the old tar kettle Blackbeard used in repairing vessels. Shipyard was down on Back Creek on the Draper Farm where he repaired his stolen vessels in olden days. Draper is most likely the man who took the photos. The tar was used to help fill in gaps in the wood in the hulls of the ships to keep them from leaking.
** Bath Creek Bridge - The old wooden bridge crossing the creek.
Main St. looking
St Thomas Episcopal Church as in 1939
The Glebe House , St. Thomas Episcopal Rectory
1734 St. Thomas Episcopal Church
1734 St. Thomas Episcopal Church in color
1824 Monument with two girls
St. Thomas Episcopal Church with fence
Bayview/Bath Pamlico Bathing scene
What's New | Towns, Cities, & Waterways | Local Business | Local Schools | Local Attractions | Organizations | Coming Soon | Message Board | Interesting Statistics
Return to Beaufort
County dot com
© Diane K. Mason 1998,1999,2000,2001